Thursday, June 12, 2008

Susan's Chipper


We also tend to have quite a few critters that show up at our feeders throughout the year. This picture was actually taken last fall when this chipmunk was storing up groceries for the winter. Apparently safflower seeds are good to munch on during those cold winter months!


He's back at the feeders now but just enjoying the seeds and all his bird friends. I haven't seen him tank up lately but he does seem to run everywhere he goes. I really enjoy the chipmunks!

3 comments:

AprilStorm said...

awwww! I've never seen one on a feeder before. Maybe because I have the squirrel baffle! So cute, great shot, Susan.
Lynda

AprilStorm said...

I just looked at this photo again and he looks like he's saying, 'what seeds, I didn't take any seeds!' with those chock full cheeks of his. HA HA HA! Such a nice photo.
:)
Lynda

DrW said...

Thank you, Lynda. I love my chippers! I buy an extra 10 pound bag of safflower seeds every November. They can empty this feeder every day while stockpiling for their long nap snacks! You have to love that innocent face...