Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grand Pictures - Go Lynda! - Red-Winged Blackbirds

This is another first for me! Not that the Redwing Blackbirds haven't been on the feeders before, but I've never been able to catch them with the camera. I heard them this morning and as soon as I open the door, they take off. So I set up the tripod and remote clicker. A few hours later, I heard them squawking and saw them on the feeder. I CRAWLED into the sunroom so they wouldn't fly away and just clicked with the remote. Pics could have been a bit sharper, but again...I'm just happy to get ANY pics of them!


This is usually all I get when I try to take pics of the red winged black birds! LOL!

3 comments:

DrW said...

Hi Lynda,

These may be my favorite photos yet on the bird blog! Whatever you're doing, keep it up. Thank you for these wonderful shots!

Susan

DrW said...

Another thing - I bet the birds love your yard because the feeders are so nice and clean!

Susan

Anonymous said...

hehehe...thanks Susan! The Red Winged boys have just about taken over my yard lately. They are still rather skitish about having their pics taken though. Oh, and about the feeders...I 'try' to keep them clean, but it aint easy!