Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

The adult Bluebirds have been acting different and the babies are about 16 days old. So I've been watching close, I would love to see them fledge from their nest box. This one is getting ready. I actually think two have gone, and two more to go. So far this is the only time I have seen a baby looking out of the nest box. Sherri

I could not believe what I saw. As soon as I got done sending the last picture, I looked out the window and both adult bluebirds were by the nest box. So I got the camera and watched and look what I got to see. The Baby Bluebird fledging from the nest(1:00 p.m. 8-12-08). He dropped down a little then up to a dead branch just behind and up a little from the nest box and dad followed right behind the fledgling. What a treat to be able to see this. Sherri (PTC)

2 comments:

DrW said...

Congrats, Sherri! That's pretty exciting!

Susan

AprilStorm said...

HOW COOL!!! Lucky you :)
Lynda